Grilled Asparagus with Cream Sauce over Ribbons Recipe
April 9, 2016
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Silk Unsweetened Original Cashew Milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 10 spears asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby bella or button mushrooms
- ½ cup thinly sliced leeks
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Truffle salt, for garnish/finishing
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- Warm olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat, add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Place garlic, Unsweetened Original Cashew Milk, vegetable broth, pine nuts and cornstarch in a blender. Puree until very smooth.
- Pour sauce into sauté pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Adjust to heat to medium-low and simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened (roughly 10 minutes). While the sauce is reducing, start prepping asparagus/mushroom sauté.
- Stir white pepper into the sauce and season with salt, to taste, before serving.
- Heat grill with a high-medium flame (roughly 300F). Once hot, place asparagus on grate and grill for 2-3 minutes, flip and grill for another 3 minutes, or until there are visible char marks. Transfer asparagus to a plate and let cool until you can handle them.
- Warm olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks to the pan once hot, sautéing until the mushrooms have reduced in size and have softened.
- Chop grilled asparagus into 2-inch long pieces and add them to the pan, along with oregano. Stir together and cook over medium-low for another two minutes. Stir in lemon juice and season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide zucchini ribbons into two bowls, top each with cream sauce and veggie sauté. Finish with a small pinch of truffle salt and serve warm. Enjoy!