Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe
February 7, 2017
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each parsley, thyme, minced (plus extra for garnishing)
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Trim the chicken breast halves.
- Add all the marinade ingredients to the chicken and mix to thoroughly mix the chicken in the marinade. You can keep the chicken in a rimmed container or place it in a ziptop bag. Marinate the chicken for at least one hour. You can marinate the chicken ahead of time, even overnight.
- Preheat the grill for about 10-15 minutes and when it’s on medium high heat.
- Grill the chicken for about 3 minutes per side, depending on how thick your chicken is. The chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
- Take the chicken off the grill and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it, so that the juices redistribute and don’t all gush out when you cut into the chicken. This will keep the chicken juicy and tender.
- Garnish with more fresh herbs and lemon wedges.