Grilled Steak Tacos Recipe
November 15, 2016
- 1½ pounds flat iron steak
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 chipotle peppers plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from the can
- ½ cup or a large fistful of cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped onion
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Poke holes in the steak with a large knife, taking care to make the holes with the grain. Add the steak to a gallon size freezer bag Add the orange juice, garlic cloves, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, cilantro, cumin, cinnamon and kosher salt into a blender. Puree until smooth then pour into the freezer bag with the steak, seal and refrigerate for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Let the steak come to room temperature before grilling, about 20 minutes. Oil grates with grapeseed oil and preheat it on high heat. Reduce the heat to medium high and grill the meat for 10 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness. Allow the steak to rest on a platter, covered with foil, for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Warm the tortillas over a gas flame or on the grill. Assemble the tacos with sliced avocado, chopped onion, tomatoes, cilantro, queso fresco, and a squeeze of grilled limes or sliced jalapeño if you like.
About the author: grillmag View all posts by grillmag