Grilled Shrimp With Sweet or Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce Recipe
November 10, 2016
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined with tails left on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch sections
- Prepare the grill at medium high heat.
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp in the olive oil with the pressed garlic, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes. Let sit for 15 minutes or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator. Thread the shrimp on skewers alternating every two shrimp with 2-3 pieces of green onion. If grilling later, at this stage you can refrigerate up to overnight.
- Oil the grill grates with grapeseed oil on a paper towel. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, turning so the shrimp are golden with light char marks. Shrimp are done when they are opaque.
- Serve alongside Spicy Yellow Mustard Dip with Tarragon or Sweet Yellow Mustard Dip with 5 Spice and Hoisin.