Greek Grilled Chicken & Hummus Wrap Recipe
April 2, 2016
- 1 1/2 lbs bonless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp Greek vinaigrette dressing
- 4 (10-inch, burrito size) flour tortillas (wheat, low carb or spinach is fine)
- 3/4 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade (homemade recipe in notes below)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a grilled over medium-high heat to 425 degrees. Pound chicken to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet. Brush chicken breasts lightly with about 1 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Brush grilled grates lightly with oil, and grill chicken, rotating once halfway through cooking, until it registers 165 in center on an instant read thermometer, about 6 – 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, let rest 10 minutes then dice into cubes. Transfer chicken to a bowl, pour vinaigrette over chicken and toss to evenly coat.
- To assemble wraps spread about 3 Tbsp hummus over each tortilla, top with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese and wrap tortillas.