Smoky and Spicy Paprika Grilled Chicken Recipe
September 19, 2016
- 5 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme roughly chopped
- 2 and ½ tablespoons smoked hot Spanish paprika
- 7 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Juice of one whole lemon
- Extra fresh thyme for optional garnish
- Season each side of the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper.
- Mix the thyme, paprika, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and lemon juice together.
- Rub the mix of spices onto the chicken pieces.
- Cover the chicken, refrigerate, and marinate for at least one to four hours. (I like to marinate the chicken as long as I can, usually at least four hours.)
- When ready to cook the chicken, remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Then, get your grill or skillet ready. (If using a skillet, use medium high heat to get the pan hot, and then add olive oil. If using the grill make sure charcoals have grayed over, and grease the grill rack.)
- Cook chicken until done about 8 to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees when using a meat thermometer, making sure to flip the chicken half way through the cooking time.
- Let the meat sit for a couple of minutes before serving to ensure the chicken stays juicy.
About the author: grillmag View all posts by grillmag