Grilled Lime Butter Salmon Skewers Recipe
August 5, 2016
- 1 large (1-1½ pounds) salmon fillet (see note)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime, plus extra for topping
- Grease and preheat your grill. Use a very sharp knife to remove the skin from the salmon fillet and cut salmon into 1½ inch pieces.
- Thread salmon pieces onto your metal or wooden skewers being sure to keep at least ½ inch between each piece of salmon. (if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to using so they don’t catch fire on the grill)
- Prepare your lime-butter sauce by melting your butter over medium heat in a medium size sauce pan. Once melted, bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes until color starts to darken a bit.
- Add garlic, lime juice, and lime zest to your melted butter and stir over heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Brush salmon skewers with butter sauce. (you should have some leftover) Grill salmon for 6-10 minutes, turning throughout to ensure even cooking. Remove from heat and drizzle remaining lime butter sauce over salmon and serve immediately.
About the author: grillmag View all posts by grillmag