Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Red Onion Relish Recipe
August 4, 2016
- 1/2 small red onion, vertically sliced
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- cooking spray
- Place paper towels on a large plate and place the salmon fillets. Place it the fridge uncovered for one hour to let them to dry out.
- In a small bowl, add the onions and cover with water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine onion, oil, 1/8 tsp, 1/8 tsp pepper, tomatoes, capers, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl. Toss gently and set aside.
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper
- Place salmon on grill, flesh sides down, on lightly oiled grill rack covered for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with tomato-onion relish.