Sticky Asian Grilled Chicken Recipe
August 1, 2016
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ¾ inch thickness + salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (hot red chili sauce found in the Asian section of grocery stores) OR 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- Add water, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sriracha sauce (or red pepper flakes), brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic to a medium sauce pan. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until reduced down to half.
- Uncover sauce pan and bring heat to medium-high, stirring regularly until thickened (about 8-10 minutes) then remove from heat. *Be careful not to let the sauce burn when it thickens.
- Grease and preheat the grill. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Drizzle chicken (or toss) with the sauce and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, or green onions if desired. Serve immediately.