Grilling the Perfect Ribeye Steak
July 29, 2016
- 4 choice rib-eye steaks
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- Prepare your grill (gas or charcoal) according to manufacturer’s instructions or until very hot (about 500 – 550°F)
- Place rib-eye steaks on a large platter and season on all sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper, or as desired.
- Let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before grilling.
- Transfer seasoned steaks to preheated grill – they should sizzle.
- After a couple minutes, once juices begin to rise to the surface, use tongs to flip steaks over.
- Continue grilling steaks to desired doneness. Use an instant-read thermometer for accuracy. I cooked mine about 4 to 6 minutes on each side for a perfect medium-rare. (see in the above post for creating the diamond grill marks.)
- Remove steaks to a clean plate and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- The resting period is important so that the juices don’t run out when you cut into the ribeye, so be patient! Enjoy!