Grilled Citrus-Marinated Mexican Chicken Recipe
July 29, 2016
- 1 c. fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 dried chipotle chili pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 c. mild salsa
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 orange, sliced into rings
- ¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Bring the orange juice, lime juice and chili pepper to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until the chili pepper is re-hydrated. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Once cooked, pour the juice mixture into the bowl of a blender and add the salsa, olive oil, and salt. Puree until smooth. Place the chicken in a plastic zipper-close bag, then pour the marinade over the top. Let marinate at least 2 hours, or up to 10 hours.
- Preheat your grill to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit (high heat). Once hot, place the chicken breasts on the grill rack and cook 12-20 minutes (depending on thickness of breast), turning every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Once cooked through, remove the chicken from the grill and place on a platter. Garnish with the orange slices and cilantro.