Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
July 28, 2016
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 tablespoons butter
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons of juice and however much zest you can get from the lemon)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Oil and preheat grill to medium-high. Skewer the shrimp onto metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before to keep them from burning).
- Add butter to a small sauce pan. Melt completely, then bring to a boil. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic and stir over medium heat for about a minute until garlic starts to brown a little bit. Remove from heat.
- Brush both sides of the shrimp with butter sauce. Sprinkle shrimp with Italian seasoning.
- Grill shrimp 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through and starting to brown just slightly.
- Drizzle remaining lemon butter mixture over the shrimp (for a lighter meal, don’t use up all of the butter sauce) and serve immediately.