Hickory Smoked Salmon Skewers Recipe
July 21, 2016
- 1 pound salmon, skinned and deboned
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin coins
- 6-8 wooden skewers, soaked
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (i like tabasco or sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- handful chopped parsley
- reynolds wrap non-stick foil
- cut the salmon into 2-inch chunks. fold the lemon coins in hlaf and thread the salmon and lemon on the soaked skewers, alternating between the them. place the salmon skewers in a shallow dish and set aside.
- in a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, honey, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. pour marinade over the skewers, turning to coat, and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- while the skewers are marinating, prepare your grill. cut a large piece of reynolds wrap non-stick foil and firmly fir it over the grill grate. preheat the grill to medium heat. for a charcoal grill, place 4-5 hickory chunks on top of hot coals and close the grill cover to let the smoke accumulate. for a gas grill, place the chunks in a smoker box or in a large piece of foil; fold up the sides to make a packet. poke holes with a fork and place on the grill. close the cover to let smoke accumulate.
- open the grill and lightly oil the foil.
- cook the salmon skewers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until fish is opaque in color. plate the salmon skewers and sprinkle with parsley. serve hot.
About the author: grillmag View all posts by grillmag