Grilled Skirt Steak with Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
July 20, 2016
- 12 ounces skirt steak
- 1/2 ounce Dijon mustard
- 3 1/2 ounces Brussel’s sprouts
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 ounce parsley
- 1/2 ounce shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces walnuts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Heat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Liberally salt and pepper the steak and rub the top with half of the Dijon mustard.
- Place steak on the hot grill (mustard side up) and cook until browned on the bottom, turn over and finish cooking until desired doneness (about 6 minutes total for medium rare). Allow to rest.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each Brussel’s sprout in half (lengthwise), place flat side down and cut each half into very thin slices.
- Cut the lemon in half. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the juice from the lemon, remaining Dijon, 1 teaspoon oil, honey, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Chop the parsley. To the dressing, add the Brussel’s sprouts, parsley and parmesan. Toss to coat.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve with salad. Garnish salad with walnuts.