Greek Lamb Skewers:
- 1 pound Superior Farms lamb, shoulder or leg
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon zested and juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- thick cut red onion rounds
- 1 cup chopped Persian cucumber
- 1 cup chopped seeded bell pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onions, thinly sliced in rounds
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- Quinoa Salad (Optional)
- In a medium bowl combine the garlic, lemon zest and juice, dried oregano, kosher salt and olive oil.
- Cut the lamb into large chunks and add it to the bowl. Stir the lamb into the marinade and marinate it for at least 30 minutes and up to all day.
- To make the Village Salad: Combine the cucumber, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, oregano, almonds, olive oil, red wine vinegar and kosher salt to taste.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Skew the lamb, alternating chunks of lamb and pieces of red onion.
- Grill the lamb, and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, turning 3 times- total cooking time about 9-10 minutes. Let the lamb skewers rest for a few minutes before serving.
- I serve the lamb skewers over a bed of quinoa and Village Salad.