Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
July 1, 2016
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 tablespoons oil
- juice of 4 limes (about 5-6 tablespoons)
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 4 habanero chiles (sems and seeds removed) roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- Combine oil, lime juice, and next 9 ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until well blended. Reserve ¼ cup of the mixture in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Transfer remaining mixture into a large resealable bag. Add chicken, seal bag, and chill for 3-8 hours.
- Grease and preheat grill. Remove chicken from bag, discard the bag and remaining marinade. Grill chicken 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Brush reserved sauce over the chicken and grill 2-3 minutes longer on each side until cooked through (large chicken breasts may need some additional grilling time) Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired and serve immediately.