Grilled Vegetable Bowl with Farro Recipe
June 25, 2016
- 1 cup dried farro
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 8 ounces asparagus
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons minced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt
- Red bell pepper hummus
- ¼ cup halved kalamata olives
- ⅛ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Rinse the farro in a colander under cold water then place in a saucepan with the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes or until the broth has been absorbed by the farro, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill the vegetables, flipping once, until tender and grill marks appear. Pull from the grill and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, garlic, cucumber, lemon juice, fresh mint and dill together. Season with salt to taste.
- Chop the grilled vegetables into bite size pieces. Split the farro into two bowls and layer with the grilled vegetables, a scoop of hummus in each bowl, half of the kalamata olives and feta cheese. Drizzle with the garlic yogurt sauce and fresh dill or mint. Serve warm or at room temperature.