Hawaiian Chicken Bacon Pineapple Kebabs Recipe
June 20, 2016
- 500 g | 1 pound chicken breasts, cubed into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 16 short cut bacon rashers, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups fresh cubed pineapple (from one large, whole pineapple)
- 1 large red pepper (capsicum), diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper (capsicum), diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, diced into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- Mix the bbq sauce together with the soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, garlic and sesame oil in a large jug or bowl.
- Preheat a grill pan (or grill plates on the bbq) over medium-high heat. Thread the red onion, red pepper (capsicum) piece), pineapple, green pepper, bacon and chicken onto skewers, wrapping the bacon around the chicken as pictured in the above collage. Repeat until all of the chicken has been used. Coat skewers all over with HALF of the marinade (reserving the other HALF for basting).
- Brush grill pan or grates over with olive oil. Grill the skewers for 5 minutes; brush over ¼ cup of reserved marinade. Turn skewers over and coat with remaining ¼ cup of marinade. Grill for a further 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and to your liking. Serve immediately.