- 3/4 cup apple juice, divided
- 1 – 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (2 is very spicy!)
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 (2 oz) pouch KC Masterpiece® Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill
For the sauce:
- To a food processor add 1/4 cup apple juice and chipotle peppers. Pulse until peppers are pureed. Pour mixture into a small mixing bow. Add remaining 1/2 cup apple sauce, honey, ancho chili powder and BBQ Sauce Mix. Whisk until well blended, set aside.
For the chicken:
- If using wooden skewer sticks, soak in water for at least 30 minutes (I was able to fill 7 of the shorter sticks). Preheat a grill over medium heat to about 375 degrees. Thread chicken onto skewers until all of the chicken has been used up, folding chicken pieces as needed so they hold well onto skewer. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Brush grill grates lightly with oil then place skewers on grill and grill about 4 – 5 minutes per side until nearly cooked through, then brush both sides with half of the sauce and grill about 1 – 2 minutes more per side until cooked through and outsides are nicely browned in spots. Brush with remaining sauce. Serve warm.