Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Tacos Recipe
June 13, 2016
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tsp Badia Complete Seasoning
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup jicama, julienned
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp cholula
- 8 to 10 white corn tortillas
- Wooden skewers
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- Fill a shallow baking dish with approximately 1 inch of water. Add the wooden skewers and soak for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss together jicama, red cabbage and lime juice. Set in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and cholula. Set in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a separate small bowl, add the shrimp and Badia seasoning. Toss to coat the shrimp evenly.
- Wrap the head of each shrimp with a third of a slice of bacon, making sure the bacon overlaps at the base. Skewer the bacon wrapped shrimp through the overlap and then once more through the tail of the shrimp (this will prevent them from spinning when you turn the skewers!). Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp and bacon.
- Grill the skewers over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until both the bacon and shrimp are cooked through.
- To assemble your tacos, warm the tortillas over the grill on in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add 3 to 4 shrimp to each tortilla. Top with the jicama slaw, queso fresco, cholula sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve with Santa Rita 120 Sauvignon Blanc and extra lime wedges.