Grilled Sausage and Pepper Pizza Recipe
June 11, 2016
- 1 package Aidells® Sausage –
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 small purple onion
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 can refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice peppers into fourths, removing seeds and ribs. Slice onions into rings. Do not separate rings. Place vegetables on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use hands to ensure vegetables are evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
- Grill vegetables and Aidells® Sausage over medium high heat for about 10 minutes turning as they begin to brown. Remove from heat and allow to rest while you cook pizza crust.
- On another large sheet pan, unroll pizza dough, slice into 4 equal-size pieces. Place onto grill and cook until they begin to turn golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown again. Remove from heat.
- Roughly chop peppers and onions. Slice sausage into rounds.
- Spread 1 tbsp basil pesto onto each cooked crust. Top with peppers and sausage and cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted ( about 4 to 5 minutes). Let cool a few minutes before serving.