Coconut Marinated Grilled Chicken Recipe
March 28, 2016
- 1 can coconut milk (preferably full fat, but light is ok) (14oz/400g)
- 2 limes – all the zest + 3 tbsp of juice
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Frank’s classic hot sauce, or other hot sauce of choice (adjust to taste) (Note 2)
- ¾ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1.5lb / 750g chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boneless
- 1 tbsp oil (for cooking)
- ¾ cup water
- Combine the Marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag. Add the chicken and set aside to marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the Marinade, shaking off the excess. Keep the Marinade for the Sauce (below).
- Brush the BBQ with oil and heat to medium high, or heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken for around 7 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second side, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Sauce and garnished with fresh cilantro leaves, if using.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cook for at least 10 minutes, or until thickened to desired consistency. (Note 1) Transfer to a sauce bowl.