Grilled Salmon Kebabs in an Orange and Herb Marinade Recipe
June 2, 2016
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 3 large oranges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 red onion cut into thick wedges
- Cut the salmon into cubes about 1 inch square.
- In a large bowl mix together the thyme, zest of the lime and lemon and zest of 1 orange.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl along with the juice from half of the lime, half of the lemon and juice from one orange.
- Add the salmon to the liquid and toss making sure the salmon is well coated.
- season with salt and pepper and let rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water to prevent them burning up on the grill too fast.
- Once the salmon has marinaded, cut the other oranges into slices.
- Place a piece of salmon on the skewer followed by a folded slice of orange and a chunk of red onion.
- Follow this method until the skewer is full.
- Repeat until all skewers are used. They don’t have to all be exactly the same.
- Preheat your grill to high and grill the salmon kebabs for about 3-4 minutes on one side and then carefully flip them over and grill for a further 3-4 minutes ending with nice charred grill marks for maximum flavor.
- Serve at once with a salad or rice if preferred.