- 8-9 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1″ pieces
- 2 yellow or sweet onions, diced into 1″ pieces
- 2 red or green bell peppers, diced into 1″ pieces
- Fresh pineapple, diced into 1″ pieces (I bought some already diced from my grocery store)
- 3 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice, fresh is best, but good quality bottled juice is okay
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp El Yucateco Caribbean Hot Sauce (more or less for your tastes)
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 5 Tbsp honey (more or less to your tastes)
- In a large mixing bowl, add marinade ingredients and whisk to combine well. Remove about 1/3 cup and place into an airtight container and refrigerate. Set aside the remaining marinade.
- Trim chicken breasts of fat and dice into 1″ pieces.
- Add to bowl with the marinade and toss to coat. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Dice onion, pepper and pineapple into 1″ pieces and set aside.
- Preheat grill over MED heat.
- Make skewers by alternating chicken, onion, bell pepper and pineapple.
- Grill, basting with reserved marinade, for several minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through.