Spice Rub Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Recipe
May 27, 2016
- 2 lbs. chicken legs
- 2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees).
- In a small bowl add garlic powder, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir together.
- Sprinkle the spice blend over the chicken legs and rub spice blend all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill each side for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium low heat and cook chicken an additional 20 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature of the chicken is 175 degrees.
- In the meantime add garlic clove, fresh cilantro, fresh oregano, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve chicken and top with chimichurri sauce!