Grilled Steak with Sriracha Caramelized Onions Recipe
May 26, 2016
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 pound flat iron steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onions over medium heat.
- While onions are cooking. Heat a grill to medium high heat.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt, garlic and cracked pepper.
- Place steak on preheated grill and cook 4 – 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- When the onions soften, turn golden and start to caramelize, about 15 minutes, stir in sriracha. Stir well to coat the onions in the sriracha. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- After steak has rested, slice against the grain and spoon onions over the top.