- 1 1/2 pounds lamb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 ripe, but firm avocado, diced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
For the Plates
- hummus + pita
- feta cheese
- fresh mint + dill
- cucumbers + pickled red onions + tomatoes
- In a large gallon size zip-top bag, combine the ingredients for the lamb and toss to combine. Seal and chill at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt + pepper. Gently toss with your hands or two spatulas to evenly coat. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15-20 minutes more. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the oregano and toss well. You want the potatoes to be tender, but crisp on the outside.
- Set your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Thread lamb pieces onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- Grill lamb until lightly charred and cooked to your liking, turning skewers occasionally throughout cooking, about 8 to 10 minutes total. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your lamb and your desired doneness. Transfer skewers to plate.
- To assemble the plates, add a couple lamb skewers and potatoes to each plate. Serve with cucumbers, pickled red onions, feta cheese, hummus and avocado tzatziki (recipe below).
- Combine all the ingredients except the avocado in a bowl and mix well. If not serving right away, keep covered in the fridge. When ready to serve, stir in the avocado. The Tzatziki will keep 2-3 days in the fridge. My avocado stayed pretty green due to the lemon juice.