Grilled Caprese Chicken Recipe
May 24, 2016
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat grill. Salt and pepper each side of chicken and place on hot grill. Grill chicken for about 7 to 9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Vinegar will reduce and become thickened. I used the side burner right on my grill.
- Lightly brush sliced tomatoes with olive oil and place directly on the hot grill. Grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Once chicken is cooked leave on the grill and place 1 slice of fresh mozzarella on top. Then add grilled tomato and basil.
- Place on serving platter and drizzle with balsamic reduction.