Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs Recipe
May 20, 2016
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus spears, about 3/8″ to 1/2″ in diameter, tough ends removed
- 3 Gold’n Plump “Lemon Pepper” Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 large lemon
- half of a large red onion
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least a couple hours before grilling. This will help them to not burn as much.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add asparagus spears. Let cook for 2 minutes and then immediately drain and add the spears to an ice bath. Once cooled, cut the spears into 1-1/2″ lengths.
- Cut the chicken into chunks, about 1-1/2″ in size. Slice the lemon into thin rounds and then cut each round in half. Cut the onion into 1-1/2″ pieces.
- To skewer, alternate chicken, asparagus, lemon, and onion pieces. For the lemon, simply fold each half-moon slice and thread onto the skewer. Lightly brush each skewer all over with olive oil and then finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium to medium-high heat. Make sure grates are scrubbed clean and then oiled. (To oil the grates, add some canola oil or olive oil to a small bowl. Then fold a heavy paper towel a few times to make a smaller square. With a tongs, grasp the folded paper towel and dip it into the oil until the paper towel is drenched. Then run the paper towel over the grates, repeating until all grill grates are thoroughly oiled.)
- Place chicken kebabs on hot grill grates and let cook until beautifully charred. Turn the kebabs and continue to cook until charred again. The chicken should be cooked through after about 12 to 15 minutes of total grill time. Serve hot.