Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
May 17, 2016
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- ⅓ cup oil
- juice of 2 lemons (about 6 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together oil, honey, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add half of the sauce mixture and seal the bag. Chill at least 1 hour or overnight. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard the bag and marinade. Place chicken on grill and cook 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking (or immediately afterwards) add reserved sauce to small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5-6 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over grilled chicken and serve immediately. Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs if desired (I used fresh basil).