Hawaiian Chicken and Pineapple Recipe
May 15, 2016
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
For the pineapple
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 to 10 wedges
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and Sriracha. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- In another gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine pineapple and brown sugar.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add chicken and pineapple to grill and cook, flipping once and basting chicken with reserved 1/4 cup marinade until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.