- 3 Romaine hearts
- ½ red onion. Sliced into wedges
- 9 prawns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 nectarine, sliced into wedges
- 1 small avocado
Jalapeno Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- First make the jalapeno honey vinaigrette. In the jar of a blender, combine the honey, jalapeno, garlic, parsley, vinegar and oil. Puree on high until smooth and then season to taste with kosher salt. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the romaine, onions and prawns.
- Grill the lettuce for about 1 minute or until there is some char marks on the lettuce but it has not cooked until limp. Place them on a serving platter.
- Repeat with the red onions, cooking about 3 minutes on each side.
- Toss the oiled prawns with kosher salt. Place on the grill and cook until the prawns are just cooked through, about 1 minute on each side. Add the onions and the prawns to the salad.
- Add the nectarine slices and then spoon chunks of avocado out onto the salad too.
- Drizzle the Jalapeno Honey Vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.