Grilled Pineapple Lobster Salad Recipe
April 27, 2016
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp Himalayan or unrefined sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Half a medium pineapple, skin removed, cored & cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 350g cooked lobster meat, cut into chunks (that’s the meat of about 2 lobsters)
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Boston lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2-3 tbsp each chopped fresh herbs: basil, mint and parsley
- In the bowl of a small food processor, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high (or set a cast iron grill pan over med-high heat). Grill pineapple slices on both sides to get nice grill marks on them. Let pineapple cool slightly and cut into chunks.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, green onions, lettuce and fresh herbs. Pour in half the dressing and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate (I emptied out the other half of the pineapple and used it as a serving bowl), arrange lobster, avocado and pineapple slices on top and drizzle with the rest of the vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.