Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers Recipe
April 26, 2016
- 1½ – 2 pounds extra large shrimp, deveined (shell on or off, either is fine)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (according to preference)
- 1 tablespoons oil
- Combine all the ingredients, except the shrimp in a medium bowl. Allow the sugar to dissolve before tossing in the shrimp. Let the shrimp marinade for 30 minutes and up to 3 hours, covered in the refrigerator.
- Place the shrimp on skewers and outdoor grill them on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or on an indoor grill (like a George Foreman) for 2-3 minutes total.
About the author: grillmag View all posts by grillmag