Grilled Chicken Caprese Recipe
April 19, 2016
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 mozzarella slices
- fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Half each chicken breast horizontally as if you are butterflying it (Now you should have 4 thinner chicken breasts). Brush each chicken breast with some olive oil (about 2 Tbsp) and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried basil. Set aside and let marinade until you prepare the tomato topping. If you have time you can marinade it for couple of hours or overnight.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, red onion and minced garlic. Add about 1 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and mix well.
- Grill chicken over medium high heat (or use a grill pan to cook the chicken on the cook top).
- While you grill the chicken, prepare the honey balsamic vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- When the chicken is done, serve on a plate and place 1 mozzarella slice over each chicken breast. Top with tomato mixture and drizzle some honey balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy!